All About the Dimensional Calibrations Lab (Including Safety Protocols)
Created at : Dec 11 2022
A dimensional calibrations lab is a professional, independent testing and calibration laboratory that specializes in dimensional measurements. These labs provide services to industries including precision machining, aerospace, power generation, medical device manufacturing and more. Experienced technicians use the latest equipment and technology to accurately measure dimensions such as length, width and depth of components for our clients.
Staff members are master-level technicians and are all certified by the American Society for Quality Control (ASQC) and typically have years of experience in metrology – the science of measurement. Technicians from a variety of backgrounds including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer programming typically ensure the accuracy of all measurements.
Look for flexible scheduling and fast turnaround of orders to quickly to meet tight deadlines. Labs are almost always accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) and follow all industry standards and regulations when conducting our dimensional calibrations. No matter what your industry or field requires, you can count on a trusted lab to deliver precise measurements every time.
The safety and security of data, materials, and personnel in a dimensional calibration lab is paramount to its efficacy and performance. All staff members must comply with the following protocols:
1) Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Appropriate PPE should be always worn while in the laboratory, including gloves, goggles, face shields, coveralls or other protective clothing. Any persons entering the lab must be given a full safety briefing on the use of PPE before engaging in any activity.
2) Access Control: Access to the lab should be restricted to only those individuals who are authorized by the responsible manager or supervisor. Proper identification must be provided each time an individual enters or exits the lab area.
3) Waste Disposal: All materials used or generated in the lab must be disposed of safely and responsibly, in accordance with local environmental regulations.
4) Security: The laboratory should be equipped with secure storage facilities for sensitive materials, as well as enough security cameras to monitor the premises. Any unauthorized access by personnel or third parties must be reported immediately.
5) Equipment Maintenance: Proper use and maintenance of lab equipment is essential for accurate data production and long-term reliability. Instruments should be regularly inspected for proper calibration, integrity, and functionality before being used in any measurement or testing activity.
6) Record Keeping: Documentation is essential for ensuring traceability and accountability within the lab environment. All data, test results, and other records related to dimensional calibration should be stored in a secure manner.
By implementing these safety and security protocols, laboratories can ensure that dimensional calibration is conducted safely, accurately, and reliably. This will help the lab environment remain compliant with applicable laws and regulations while providing valuable data for use in product analysis and quality assurance activities. A dimensional calibrations lab is vital to many industries.
Contact Ledford Gage Today to Learn More.